How many times my link has been visited!!

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

LOS CUCOS (by Katy Mills Mall)


So JP and I were feeling under the weather and decided some nice Tortilla Soup would be awesome. We looked online for the 'best tortilla soups in Houston' and Chuys showed up... but we didnt feel like driving too far so we looked up 'best tortilla soup katy'... and Los Cucos seemed like the place to go.

We ordered:
Tortilla Soup $6.99
Taco and Soup $8.99
Shrimp Quesidillas $8.99

When I ordered the soup I asked if it came with avocado... the server said yes it did. However, when I received my soup there was one sliver of avocado... SLIVER!
I asked for more avocado and was charged an extra $1.59.

The soup was amazing just like we had thought and you got soooo much. IT WAS HUGE!
I just felt like they jipped me on avocado, cheese, and tortilla strips. If they are going to give you a ridiculous amount of soup (which I enjoyed) then dont skip out on the toppings... it seems like they are trying to find a way to add more charges on the bill.

Once we were done eating we asked for boxes for our leftovers... and honestly, it was so much food that it looked like we didnt even eat anything! I ate a slice of the quesidillas... which werent that great. All it had was a flour tortilla, cheese, and unseasoned shrimp. It was a huge disappointment. Another disappointment was when they brought us the boxes for our leftovers. I would rather had them take the soup bowl (because like I said before... it was HUGE!)... so when I poured the soup into the to-go cup, it poured down the side and made a mess.

All in all, I wasnt that satisfied with everything.
I would def go back for the soup... but I would only get it to go.

Happy Eating,
Ava Chino

ps- let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment