How many times my link has been visited!!

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

GOURMET INDIA (lunch)


So JP and I really wanted some rice for lunch... We love trying new foods and we had been wanting to try some Indian food again, so we used the app "urbanspoon" on my iPhone and it told us to go to Gourmet India. So we did.

It was lunch and so i was wearing jeans and a tee and my hair and makeup werent really done. Afterall, it was lunch. Gourmet India had a lunch buffet. I didnt feel like i needed to put on my slacks and blouse and fix myself up. I was wrong.

So we get there before 2pm and it turns out they closed at 2:30... they didnt seem to mind so we stayed.
I felt a little out of place since I was dressed down; I felt like they were looking down on us for looking so shabby. But after getting some food and digging in, the staff warmed up to me and I felt more comfortable.
The place was very lit up with the window shades being pulled away and so the natural sunlight was just really relaxing. The staff was attentive, they brought us out some warm pita-like bread called roti, and even though i was little skeptical about eating at an idian buffet... it ended up hitting the spot. delicious.

Their buffet option wasnt huge but it was perfect. Here are the foods we chose off the buffet line:
Peas Pulao (which is rice)
Tandoori Chicken (JP ate this. it was pinkish/red. i didnt try it)
Goat Masala (JPs favorite. It was very good)
Zuccini Masala (great as well)
Mix Veggies (i liked mixing this with the meat)
Chicken Tikka Masala (my fave. orange, very saucy, and delicious)

All the foods had so much flavor, the atmosphere was nice and relaxing, everything was very clean, the servers were nice and attentive, the place is very Indian, I will def dress up a bit more the next time, and I definitely recommend first time Indian eaters to go here!!

Gourmet Indian opened in 1996 and if you look them up online they get a 4 star rating! JP and I ranked them before seeing this information and we gave them 3.75 stars.
If you go (during lunch) it is about $30 for 2 including sodas.

Below is the information you will need to find them.

Sun - Thu
11:00 am - 02:30 pm
05:30 pm - 10:00 pm
Fri - Sat
11:00 am - 03:00 pm
05:30 pm - 11:00 pm


http://www.gourmetindiahouston.com/
281 493 5435
13155 Westheimer Road
Houston TX, 77077

Happy Eating,
Ava Chino

No comments:

Post a Comment