How many times my link has been visited!!

Saturday, October 22, 2011

GINGER AND CILANTRO BAKED TILAPIA

My favorite fish is tilapia. I am always looking for new tilapia recipes when I came across one on Pinterest.com that just blew my mind away! This recipe is not only one that you must try, but I promise it will end up being one you will make over and over again!

When I first decided to make this dish I was a little reluctant since it called for 'ginger' and I am not too familiar with cooking with that ingredient. I decided to go for the meal anyway just because it looked so great in the picture and I had a few tilapias just waiting to be cooked!

(The original recipe came from http://www.thekitchn.com/thekitchn/main-dish/recipe-ginger-and-cilantro-baked-tilapia-024737)

My version of this amazing recipe is as follows... plus as I always say... when you find a great recipe WRITE IT DOWN! you never know when/if a website might disappear.

GINGER AND CILANTRO BAKED TILAPIA
serves 2, or 1 with leftovers

2 large fillets (I use the frozen packaged kind from Kroger or WalMart)
1 jalapeno pepper (this gives it the perfect amount of spicy!)
3 garlic cloves (I had actually used a 1/3 cup amount bc I misread the recipe and it still turned out great!)
1 inch grated ginger (1 tablespoon)
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1/4 cup white wine (I used a chardonney that I wouldnt mind drinking the rest later)
1/3 cup chopped cilantro
Green onions, chopped for garnish
Extra cilantro, to garnish

Heat the oven to 475F. Pat the fish dry and season lightly with salt and pepper. Place in a glass baking dish.

Chop the pepper and garlic, and grate the ginger. Put in a small food processor with the soy sauce, white wine, and cilantro. Whir unitl blended. Pour the sauce over the fish, rubbing it in a little. Bake for about 8 minutes, or until the fish flakes easily and is cooked through.

Serve immediately over brown rice, garnished with chives and cilantro.

I served this meal on a bed of Uncle Ben's Long Grain and Wild Rice Roasted Garlic and Olive Oil. Which was actually my firs time cooking Uncle Ben's rice and it was so great! The rice alone is just so full of flavor, soft, moist, a perfect fit for this entree.
I also prepared Sauteed Garlic Spinach as another side. I always love this side dish.

Upon eating the meal I was very nervous because I forgot to buy a back-up meal. (I always prepare myself!) But this meal was spot on amazing. It blew my mind how jam-packed full of flavor this fish had. Every bite was another treat for my taste-buds and I was very excited about my extra fish I had prepared. NOW I HAD A GREAT LUNCH FOR TOMORROW! I had the leftovers the next day and again, amazing. I even reheated it in the microwave which is something I try not to do very often.

This recipe is def going to be one for the books! I shared it with my sister-in-law who plans on making this dish as well. I will update this entry when I find out her opinion of it!

Let me know if you try this recipe! And when you do share your pics and comments!

HAPPY EATING!

No comments:

Post a Comment